Thursday, June 30, 2011

Song by Song Guide to Wedding Bells in the Key of J, Part 3

(Over the next 12 days the blog will spotlight one song each day from Wedding Bells in the Key of J.)

Why did I include an arrangement of this song?

I don’t know if this will be considered a traditional wedding song years down the road, but the lyrics are so expressive that I had to include it. Plus, it’s another one of my recent favorites.

How did I compose the arrangement?

It was tough to capture Hayley Williams’ original melody, but I stayed as true as possible. Playing this one by ear required changing the rhythm ever so slightly.

Any interesting facts about the song?

The Only Exception wasn’t even on my original list of about 16-17 songs that I had when I first began putting the album together.



No comments: